1. Create a My EBSCOhost account.
2. Download Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to your personal computer.
3. Create an Adobe ID account. The first time you run ADE, you will be asked to activate it with your Adobe ID.
4. Search for and check out an ebook from the Library's collection.
5. If you are using a mobile device, you will also have to activate it with your Adobe ID. See a list of mobile devices supported by ADE.
Many EBSCO ebooks can be checked out and downloaded to your personal computer and transferred to mobile devices. You will need a My EBSCOhost account and must have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer.
1. Click the Download (Offline) link for the ebook you would like to download.
2. Select a Checkout period (1-7 days) from the dropdown menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
3. If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you will be prompted to do so.
4. Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your ebook is opened with Adobe Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the ebook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe Digital Editions at a later time.
5. When a downloaded book is opened, it is displayed in Adobe Digital Editions. At the end of the checkout period, your access to the ebook will expire.