- Alaska Farmers Market Association
Mission is "to support and promote vibrant and sustainable farmers markets throughout Alaska."
- Alaska Food Policy Council
Over 175 agencies and individuals representing federal and state agencies, tribal entities, schools, university programs, farmers, fisheries, and food systems businesses are members of the AFPC.
- American Diabetes Association
Mission is to lead the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fight for those affected by diabetes.
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
Aims to protect all Americans, their families, and their communities from preventable, serious health threats.
- AND: Food and Nutrition Information
Press releases from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest
Mission is to conduct innovative research and advocacy programs in health and nutrition, and to provide consumers with current, useful information about their health and wellbeing.
- Center for Weight and Health at UC Berkeley
Links to programming materials that can be used by both individuals and practitioners.
- Children's Nutrition Research Center
Cooperative venture between Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture/Agricultural Research Service.
Personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help the public plan/assess their food choices based on the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Cooperative Extension Service - Foods
Website of University of Alaska Fairbanks with links to Alaska food-related programs and publications.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
Guidelines by the Departments of Health and Human Services and Agriculture.
- Eat Right
Consumer health information from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Endocrine Facts and Figures--Obesity
Chapter from the Endocrine Society's compendium of epidemiological data and trends related to a spectrum of endocrine diseases.
- Farm to School Program
Program managed by State of Alaska Division of Agriculture designed to offer expertise and support to all areas of the state to pursue farm-to-school activities and interests.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that oversees medical products, tobacco, and foods.
- Food & Nutrition Research Information
Resource list from the Alaska Native Science Commission (ANSC).
- Food Insight
Science-based information on health, nutrition, and food safety from the International Food Information Council (IFIC) Foundation.
- Food Safety/Nutrition/Cosmetics Portal
Webpage of the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Bioscience & Health Portal.
- A Guide to Serving Local Fish in School Cafeterias
Guide for the Fish to Schools program, by the Sitka Conservation Society.
- International Union of Nutritional Sciences
Goal is to promote advancement in nutrition science, research, and development through international cooperation at the global level.
- John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition
Resources to support schools in their efforts to integrate nutrition education, wellness policy goals, and services into comprehensive health education, food service, school health, and physical education programs.
- MedlinePlus: Nutrition
Consumer health information from the National Library of Medicine.
- National Agricultural Library (NAL)
USDA agency that provides technical information on agricultural research and related subjects to scientists, educators, and farmers.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse: Dietetics and Nutrition
Public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
Survey designed to assess the health and nutritional status of adults and children in the United States.
- NIH Office of Dietary Supplements
Mission is to strengthen knowledge and understanding of dietary supplements.
Government information on food and human nutrition for consumers.
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce--Nutrition page
Collaboration of U.S. government agencies, public health organizations, and health sciences libraries that provides access to selected public health resources.
- Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity
Nonprofit childhood nutrition and health organization at University of Connecticut.
- SNAP-Ed Connection
Nutrition education tools from U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- United States Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition & Forestry
Transcripts of Senate hearings on agriculture, food safety, world hunger, child nutrition programs, and more.
- World Obesity Federation
Membership organization whose mission is to lead and drive global efforts to reduce, prevent, and treat obesity.