The library session will get you off to a good start on your projects. Here are some helpful tips for using the recommended databases:
- Searches GeoRef plus the full text of 40+ geology journals.
- Offers option to search by map coordinates, or by selecting specific geographic area(s).
- Tip! For GeoRef items, click on the item to display the record, then click on the DOI field to locate the full text.
- Tip! To eliminate the abstract only records, leave the Meeting Abstracts box unchecked but select the other document types under GeoRef Document Types.
- Tip! Be sure to go to the "Document Type" limiter and choose "More options" so that you are able to exclude "Abstracts Only" to remove proceedings abstracts from your search.
- Use "Recent Searches" to view previously used search strings.
PROQUEST SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Click on "Peer reviewed" under the "Limit to:" option to get articles from peer-reviewed journals.