Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MedlinePlus is a free, high-quality source of health and medical information from the National Library of Medicine. It includes:
- Health Topics: Over 1,000 health topics pages
- Drugs, Supplements, and Herbs: Information on drugs and over-the-counter medicines, plus herbs and supplements
- Genetics: Information about the effects of genetic variation on human health
- Medical Tests: Why a doctor may order a test and what the results may mean
- Medical Encyclopedia: Over 4,000 articles and illustrations about diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, and surgeries
- Easy-to-Read Materials: Links to health information that is easier for people to read, understand, and use
- Tools and Games: Calculators, quizzes, and games to check your health and boost your health knowledge
- Health Videos: Animated videos showing body anatomy and how diseases and conditions affect body systems
- Multiple Languages: Links to health information in over 60 languages. Look up by language or by health topic.