Last Updated: Feb 10, 2014
Free access to MEDLINE, with over 23 million citations from 5,652 medical, nursing, dental, allied health, and research journals dating back to the 1840s.
Searchable bibliographic database of occupational safety and health publications, documents, grant reports, and other communication products supported in whole or in part by NIOSH.
- Academic Search Premier
Developed for undergraduate students, this is a general database covering many topics.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
The authoritative resource for nursing and allied health.
- Google Scholar
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From here you can link to fulltext and print holdings available from the UAA/APU Consortium Library.
- Anatomy and Physiology Online
3D images, interactive models, narrated animations and illustrations, and more.
- Anatomy TV
Over 5,000 3D images of human anatomy that can be rotated and layered. Organized
by body system or region.
- ACOEM's Policies and Position Statements
Downloadable documents from the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Alaska Occupational Safety and Health (AKOSH)
Office of State of Alaska Division of Labor Standards & Safety.
Information on asbestos exposure and the development of serious respiratory diseases and cancers.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
Promotes the total wellbeing of working Canadians by providing information, training, education, management systems, and solutions that support health, safety, and wellness programs.
- The Carcinogenic Potency Database (CPDB)
International resource on the results of chronic, long-term animal cancer tests on chemicals.
- CDC Stacks
Free digital archive of scientific research and literature produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Comprehensive Epidemiologic Data Resource (CEDR)
U.S. Department of Energy electronic database comprised of health studies of DOE contract workers and environmental studies of areas surrounding DOE facilities.
Evidence-based point-of-care resource, updated daily.
- Electronic Library of Construction Occupational Safety and Health (eLCOSH)
Accurate, user-friendly information about safety and health for construction workers from a wide range of sources worldwide.
- Environmental Health & Toxicology
Occupational safety and health information from the National Library of Medicine.
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders
Resources from NIOSH.
- Health and Safety Executive
UK watchdog agency for work-related health, safety, and illness.
- Manual handling assessment chart (MAC tool)
Developed to help the user identify high-risk workplace manual handling activities.
- MedlinePlus: Occupational Health
Consumer health information from the National Library of Medicine.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse: Occupational Safety and Health
Public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
U.S. federal agency that conducts research and makes recommendations to prevent worker injury and illness.
- NIOSH Data and Statistics Gateway
Data produced and used by NIOSH to determine work health and safety research priorities and recommendations.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Mission is to assure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance.
Links to, reviews of, and comments on websites in the occupational safety and health sector.
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
Mission is to protect people and the environment from the risks of hazardous materials transportation.
- Tox Town
Tox Town uses color, graphics, sounds, and animation to add interest to learning about connections between chemicals, the environment, and the public's health. Target audience is students above elementary-school level, educators, and the general public.
National Library of Medicine databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases.