Last Updated: Jan 8, 2014
- Anatomy and Physiology Online
3D images, interactive models, narrated animations and illustrations, and more.
- Academic Search Premier
Developed for undergraduate students, this is a general database covering many topics.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
The authoritative resource for nursing and allied health.
Free access to MEDLINE, with over 23 million citations from 5,652 medical, nursing, dental, and research journals dating back to the 1840s.
- Google Scholar
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From here you can link to fulltext and print holdings available from the UAA/APU Consortium Library.
- Anatomy TV
Over 5,000 3D images of human anatomy that can be rotated and layered. Organized
by body system or region.
Evidence-based point-of-care resource, updated daily.
- Web of Science
Multidisciplinary database that indexes 8,500 journals and provides citation indexing features.
- CDC: Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
CDC, in partnership with CMS and FDA, supports the CLIA program and clinical laboratory quality.
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulates all laboratory testing (except research) performed on humans in the U.S. through the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- FDA Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research: Blood & Blood Products
CBER works with other parts of the Public Health Service to identify and respond to potential threats to blood safety, to develop safety and technical standards, to monitor blood supplies, and to help industry promote an adequate supply of blood and blood products.
- Lab Tests Online
Peer-reviewed patient/caregiver resource on clinical lab testing.
- Laboratory Test Updates
Information sheets from Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center.
- Medical News Today: Blood / Hematology News
News on blood cells, plasma, platelets, anemia, dialysis, transfusion, and more.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse: Phlebotomy
Public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians
Current career data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- WHO guidelines on drawing blood: Best practices in phlebotomy
Publication by the World Health Organization, 2010.