What is in this Guide
RefWorks Technical Assistance
For very specific RefWorks questions, we recommend contacting the RefWorks Help Desk.
Monday-Friday, 6 AM Pacific Time until 5 PM Pacific Time.
More In-depth Instruction
If you need more in-depth instruction, sign up for a webinar.
Migrate to New RefWorks
New RefWorks is the upgraded version of the Legacy RefWorks citation managment service. New RefWorks is tightly integrated with QuickSearch. Items you save to folders in QuickSearch are automatically added to your New RefWorks account once you login.
Access to Legacy RefWorks will be available until May 10th 2016. You should migrate to the New RefWorks before then.
Get to Legacy RefWorks
Go to Legacy RefWorks
- download, gather, and store references from databases and library catalogs automatically
- format citations and bibliographies in seconds
- connect to your RefWorks account anywhere there's web access
- share your citations with other RefWorks users
RefShare is a module of RefWorks that enables you to:
- share references with others at the University of Alaska Anchorage, and globally with researchers who have internet access
The Consortium Library maintains a site licence to both RefWorks and RefShare. They are available for free to current UAA students, faculty, and staff.
Write N Cite
Want to build your Bibliography or List of Works Cited as you write your paper? RefWorks’ Write-N-Cite software operates with Microsoft Word and is Windows and Mac compatible. Click here for more information and to download.