Use Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery (ILL) to request items.
1. Create an account if you've not used ILL before by entering your UAA email login and password.
2. Copies of articles generally take 2 - 5 days, depending on whether the lending library can send the documents electronically.
3. Books and reports take longer (a week or more) since the items are physically sent through the mail.
4. NOTE! You can also request copies of articles from journals or magazines that the Library has in print.
5. For more information, read the FAQs on the Interlibrary Loan page.
TRID is a freely available database that is not linked through the Library. So, a few extra steps are needed to request items from TRID.
Follow these steps:
1. Click on the title of the article or report.
2. Open another browser window and login to ILL from the Library home page (Hint: it's listed in the box labeled Services).
3. Choose on the right side of the screen.
4. Select the type of document that you need, e.g., article, conference paper, report, etc. Hint: Sometimes TRID will indicate the document type; if not, use your best guess.
5. Copy and paste the information from the TRID record into the ILL form. Be as complete as you can. Use the Notes field if needed.
6. Add "TRID" to the box that asks Where did you learn about this item?
7. When the ILL form is complete, click Submit Request.