- Realize that your project and revised course are a work in progress.
- This is a pilot project, and that is ok.
- It will take more than one semester to get things the way you want them.
- You have to experiment and be prepared to keep revising till you are achieving the results you want.
- Classroom activities can be assessment tools also.
Information Literacy Standards for this Project
ACRL Standard Two – Find – Effective Searching
ACRL Standard One – Info Need – Developing the Research Question
This course is the gateway course for the rest of the Justice program. It is the prerequisite for all other courses besides Justice 100. This is an excellent place to embed information literacy to develop skills needed for the remainder of the courses. As an introduction to research methods course it serves a number of purposes:
Teaches students research methods that are necessary for the rest of the course
Methods used to assess student learning include:
- Pre- and post survey
- Pre-work for library research workshops
- Classroom learning activities
- Homework - students had to repeat classroom activities in order to demonstrate learning of the concepts and skills
- Final assignment